Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The World I Love

In New York, now. Arrived a few hours ago. It's surprisingly fresh to be back on the East Coast. While I have more sentimental feelings for California, the NY/DC/PA triumvirate feel(s?) more like home. Tomorrow will mark my four year anniversary on the Right Coast. I love it so much here.

The trip is still going on, but I want to think of it as over, mainly for my own sanity. I spent under 45 minutes at home after my last final before traveling to NY, most of which was spent faux-cleaning and packing. Here's the itinerary:

December 18th: New York: finish final exam at 8:45pm in Philly and make it to Chinatown for the 10:00pm bus
December 19th - 23rd: San Francisco: 9am flight to San Francisco but seeing Jared at the airport and the rest of the CA crew later on makes the drag of traveling all better (that said, I am officially a fan of Virgin America's service. It was the best cross-country flight I've ever taken.)
December 23rd - 27th: Sacramento
December 27th - 29th: San Francisco
December 29th - January 1 or 2?: New York, then back to Philly

Traveling to 5 cities in about 15 days? Whew!

More thoughts as I try to unwind on Keith's couch:

- Listening to the new playlist that I made that I cannot turn off. Highlights: James Yuill - This Sweet Love; Louie Armstrong, Stardust; Shinichi Osawa, Last Days; Kim Hiorthøy, Alt Måste Bli Anorlunda; Papercuts - The World I Love; Mystery Jets - Half in Love with Elizabeth.

- Keith said that I should be living in the moment more often. He said this because I am writing reflections here instead of doing something akin to what he is currently doing, which is basically sorting clothes and pieces of paper. It's hard to sort though physical objects when I am sitting on another's couch and have not seen my home in two weeks. All that I have is my head.

- I thought that I would read more during this break so far, but I am much more interested in being generally more active. Law school is surprisingly passive and I need to let myself express my thoughts more rather than taking in another's.

- I am still trying to figure out to what extent writing this blog has to do with your reading my thoughts versus me having a casual outlet to write into the ether. I still don't know. For now, I am hoping that musings on my state of mind as well as my thoughts on art/music/movies/writings/current events are somewhat interesting to others. The only inside information that I have is regarding my own perspective, so this style will have to do for now.

No comments: